Sunday, April 3, 2011

Silhouette SD Rhinestone template & design

I've been working on a rhinestone t-shirt that I want to use as a drawing prize fundraiser for the non-profit I support. My hope is that our city name all "blinged out" will be unique enough to gain some interest and donations!

After playing with the rhinestone design for a few days and not being very happy with a couple of fonts I tried, I opted to try and inverse design. After working with a few letters, I was hooked on the design that was developing. It took some time, lots of editing and a few draft prints on cardstock to get the template as I wanted. Since this was actually my first ever use of the rhinestone template I was a bit nervous of the outcome when I sent my design to the printer. It printed out perfectly!! Below are some photos of my project. I am still waiting for the black shirts I ordered to come in the mail so I can finish the project. I wasn't sure how much time I was going to have this week, so I wanted to get the transfer ready.

Here is my design in Silhouette studio. I had another rhinestone template and copied the circle sizes for the 10ss, 16ss and 20ss stones. I used the "replicate five times" button many times during the design phase. I wasn't certain if the design was going to fit on the template material so I angled the design. It's just under 9.5 inches x 3 ish inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment